I'm not sure how I managed to go so long without having PHP in Cygwin... I've just put a new SSD into my work computer and have committed to trying to use Cygwin and Vagrant for development on it rather than running Ubuntu in a VM, which is what I was doing.But I was sure I had PHP in my old version of Cygwin.
Anyway, its not available as a standard package now. After a bit of googling, I found the cygwinports site from which I can add PHP. The instructions are pretty easy:
- Fire up you cygwin set up using the -K flag
- $ cygstart -- /path/to/setup-x86.exe -K http://cygwinports.org/ports.gpg
- On Choose Installation Type page, select "Install from Internet".
- On Choose Download Site(s) page, select a distro mirror, then enter ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports in the User URL field and press Add (making sure that both are highlighted).
- Pick your package and install it.